Flow with Heaven and Earth:
Shamanic Geomancy Unique to Way of Nature
July 29 - August 1, 2021
Sacred Land Sanctuary • Crestone, CO USA
Open your hearts and minds to the mysteries of all of life...
Journey to one of North America's most powerful and ancient sacred places, Crestone and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. Known as the "corridor of the dreamtime" and the "mountains of white light," native peoples trace back their vision quests and sacred ceremonies here for over 15,000 years. In the late 1970's, WoN founder John P. Milton moved to Crestone and was the initial discoverer of an estimated 2,000 ancient stone meditation seats scattered among the Sacred Land Sanctuary. These special sites continue to be used today for vision questing, ceremony, meditation and prayer.
This Summer, discover the healing properties of Earth's natural wisdom by exploring these sacred sites firsthand in a retreat unique to Way of Nature. Over the course of 4 days, John will share wisdom that he has collected over decades of personal retreat and meditation time with the land. By immersing yourself in the experience, you will allow in the powerful joy and opening of Spirit that these cherished surroundings offer.
- Learn how Earth Qi meridian lines work and how the ancient stone meditation seats are woven within these meridians.
- Ponder the cosmos as you study the alignment of certain meditation seats with specific stars or constellations, and sometimes with mountains or other natural focal points.
- Discover the unique properties of each seat, and how to best interact with them to connect with the natural wisdom they have to offer.
- Learn how to sit with the stone seats in meditation. John will help you refine your experience; many of you will learn how the seats support your becoming a conduit for the flow of Heaven and Earth energies through you.
The teachings John will share in this retreat represent a largely unknown Geomantic / Shamanic process. Geomancy, sometimes translated as 'Foresight by Earth" or "Science of the Sand," has indigenous Chinese, Arabic, African and European roots. Geomancy helps interpret the auspicious arrangement of geographic features to obtain wisdom from the Earth, cosmos and ancient peoples.
It took John decades to uncover the mysteries of the stone seats, and he continues to learn from them. He’s discovered that these meditation seats often connect to wisdom and energy qualities of the cosmos. Many seats are aligned with specific stars or constellations and help bring universal qualities down into Mother Earth to join with the energy flow of the Qi meridians. The stone seats also provide a unique inner connection to your innate energy, joy and wisdom. Sitting in these seats often provides profound revelations and transmissions.
This training will include how John and Way of Nature have created a modern cultural model for the protection these sacred sites. He will also share how you can initiate local community initiatives to protect local sacred sites and seats in your own region - including how to be part of the Sacred Lands Sanctuary Network that supports right relationship and protection of natural wild lands as important parts of local community spiritual health.
Interwoven with the Training, John will provide time for you to personally explore extended periods of solitary "AllOne" Time cultivating with these extraordinary stone seats.
Shamanic Geomancy Training
Come join us for an extraordinary in-depth look at this ancient, until now forgotten, form of Geomancy and Shamanism uniquely shared by Way of Nature:
- Learn what stone meditation seats are, where they are commonly found, their structure and basic types, and how they are intricately woven within the Earth Qi meridian lines.
- Discover the various types of meditation seats: seats that utilize the chair posture or cross-legged posture, or reclining in sky-gazing seats/beds, and standing meditation sites.
- Learn how to meditate in harmony with what the differing kinds of seats provide, and experience the unique, refined flow of energy that results from this cultivated connection.
- Learn how to find, recognize and protect these meditation seats and sacred sites in your own home area.
- Learn how to record the songs of the seats using a device that reveals the unique vibrational patterns of each seat.
- Train in approaches to cultivate internally with– and to protect, preserve, and honor- these sacred energies and sites.
Although you may opt for staying in Crestone’s wonderful array of B & B’s, rental rooms and nearby National Forest Campgrounds – we encourage you to stay in the rustic campsites provided by the Sacred Land Sanctuary for a full Retreat Experience.
We hope you're able to join us for what will be a very special, unique and powerful experience! For more information, contact Senior Guide Brad Kahland at .
Discovery of the Ancient Stone Meditation Seats
After arriving in Crestone in the late 1970's, John P Milton did a vision quest in a high mountain meadow. When he came back down to his home area, Spirit showed him a number of what we now know are stone meditation seats. He spent 22 years in retreat on his land, the Sacred Land Sanctuary, deepening his understanding of these seats. John has preserved this land, in its natural state, as sacred. The Sacred Land Sanctuary (SLS) is a rare example of where land is held as sacred in its natural state by contemporary culture. Since first finding these sacred sites, John has gone on to find these stone meditation seats all over the world.
“Attune the inner pace of your life with Nature's rhythms through ancient principles and teachings."
Wednesday, July 28: Arrival/Travel Day (If possible, please plan on arriving sometime in the afternoon so that you have adequate daylight to settle in and set up your camping gear at Base Camp. We will also be joining John for dinner at 7pm that evening.)
July 29 - Aug 1: Teachings on Shamanic Geomancy
August 2: Departure/Travel Day
Location: Sacred Land Sanctuary • Crestone, Colorado, USA
Teacher: John P. Milton
Cost: $444 USD * (Price does not include meals or travel)
Some partial scholarships available to full time Crestone, CO residents. Please contact Brad at for more information.
Lodging: Participants are encouraged to stay in the rustic campsites at the Sacred Land Sanctuary for a full Retreat Experience. However, an array of B&B’s, Airbnbs, and the nearby National Forest Campground are alternative options.
Travel to Crestone: click here for details.
Special Travel Note:
We are monitoring the ongoing covid-19 situation. We follow CDC and community guidelines for health and safety. We provide hand sanitizer and hand washing stations. This is an outdoor program.
Required Reading: "Sky Above, Earth Below" by John P. Milton.
For more information about this program or the registration process, please contact Senior WoN Guide Brad Kahland at .
View WoN's Cancellation and Return Policy
If you choose to trust, the natural world will bring you profound peace, joy and wisdom.